MCX in 10.9 not playing ball?

bollman
Contributor II

So, we run everything with MCX, and just now, we have upgraded a few computers to 10.9 to test it out.
Turns out the MCXs that were on the computer at upgrade time are still heeded, even if one wipe /Library/Managed Preferences, they do come back, but not the versions that are in the JSS. They are still the version that were correct at the time of upgrade.
running jamf mcx just tells us that there are no system level MCXs which is bull.
So, question is; is this a Casper 8.73-problem or is something broken when it comes to MCXs in 10.9?

3 REPLIES 3

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

i've had the same issues..

Removing jamf framework & running dscl . -mcxdelete /Computers/localhost worked.. but not a nice thing to try & automate..

I'll reply back if i get a better solution.. have you tried re-running a quickAdd post update?

bollman
Contributor II

I have to report that this was a so called "human error".
I have been running 10.9 beta on my machine so, I had excluded all 10.9-machines from the smart group that was the scope of the MCXs.
Feeling slightly stupid right now *shame*

scottb
Honored Contributor

@bollman: Yeah, 'cause you're the first guy here that's done that! If I had a dollar for every time I've out-smarted myself in learning Casper, I'd have the next upgrade covered.