Show computers left to run policy

remodb
New Contributor II

It seems that display of computers left to run a policy is broken in v9.x. In previous versions I could select "Show Status" and it would show all the machine that had run the policy and all of those left to run it. That option is gone in v9.x and when I click on "Logs" for the policy it only shows the machines that have completed running the policy (which makes the "Status" column pretty useless). I understand that I can check the box to "Show in JSS Dashboard" but that display is broken too as it displays "0" for Completed, Remaining and Failed.

Is display of this information supposed to work anywhere? I know it's neither here or there, but I can't say that I like the interface redesign. It's very complicated and it takes more clicks to get things done.

How can I get a list of the computers that are left to run a policy?

4 REPLIES 4

Joel_Peasley
Contributor
Contributor

If you go into your policy tab>>Change from the list/tab view to the boxes/grid view it will show the remaining devices for the policies. You can also click on a policy and add it to your dashboard and it will show that information as well.

Thanks,
Joel

remodb
New Contributor II

After some more digging, it looks like I can just append "&type=Pending" to the URL of the policy log and I'll be shown the machines left to run the policy ("&type=Failed" will show the failed computers). Why not have a button to display that from the logs page rather than making us go back to the list of policies, change the view, wait for the page to reload with all the graphs, find the policy again and click through to the Pending number??

Also, the majority of our policies show "0" for Completed, Remaining and Failed and for those policies when I use the trick above I get no results. And the log shows the completed machines despite the "0" on the graph. That may just be an issue with our database, though. Can anyone confirm that those graphs are accurate for them in v9.2?

fcloth
New Contributor II

Joel,

Any way to make grid view the default view for policies? Grid view is sweet.

Joel_Peasley
Contributor
Contributor

You should be able to select that option from the policies tab on the right hand side within the grey header.