VENUE CHANGED! We are now presenting at Open Book.
Sign up was tremendous and we had more folks RSVP than expected. We'll be recording the session and putting it online after JNUC. You can find the video at http://mspmacadmins.org.
Paul Bowden is a developer with Microsoft in Redmond and responsible for Office installers and Microsoft AutoUpdate (MAU). He's made leaps and bounds helping Mac admins deploy and manage Office since joining them on the MacAdmins Slack team just a year ago. Specifically, he's introduced these new management features and resources with your input:
- http://macadmins.software - A site with a detailed list of updates, documents and support tools
- Volume License Serializer - A tool for easily deploying a volume license with non-VL installation
- Github - Management scripts
- The A-Team - A group of 14 Microsoft developers Paul has introduced to Mac admins on Slack
- Office Insider - A tool letting admins preview and test features before release to the public
- Admin-free updates - MAU no longer requires admin privileges to update Office software
- Silent updates - Enabling MAU to update Office apps in the background
- Manageable plists - MAU has several new plist keys for managing settings using configuration profiles
- Scriptable MAU - Coming soon! Control MAU via command line
- UpdateCache - Create your own internal Office software update server
- OneDrive - Manage settings for Office apps to access to Microsoft's cloud service
- SQLite management - Upcoming tools for managing settings in the new sqlite database preferences file
Bring your questions and ideas for managing Office for Mac! We're excited to have Paul spend some time getting to meet you and for you to hear what's been keeping him busy the past few months.