Company: Richmond School District 38
Department: Tech Services
Location: Richmond, BC Canada
We have an opening here at the Richmond School District for a Mac Technician.
We are a large Jamf based operation with a very large number of Macs and iOS devices.
If you know of anyone that might be interested have them drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
Computer System Technician
School District No. 38 (Richmond) is seeking a Computer System Technician. This position provides technical computer systems services, advice and expertise throughout the District. The incumbent installs, upgrades and repairs a variety of District computer and related peripheral equipment, system software and Local and Wide Area Network systems. This position is under the supervision of the Manager of Technology and Information Services, but work is performed independently with minimal direction received.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(This is not an exhaustive list of the duties to be performed.)
• Installs, upgrades, repairs, services, configures and tests a variety of
District computer and related peripheral equipment, application and system software and Local and Wide Area Network systems including a central communication station and other related software and hardware.
• Troubleshoots technical problems with respect to computer, network and related systems. Repairs, modifies, reconfigures or arranges for outside repair of equipment and systems as required. May prioritize work orders and organize work schedule.
• Responds to computing services emergencies throughout District facilities.
• Provides technical advice, support and information to District managers, administrators, tradespeople, other District staff and outside contractors related to District computer and related peripheral equipment and Local and Wide Area Network Systems.
• Consults, researches, tests and makes recommendations for new equipment, application and system software, systems and components as required.
• Maintains an inventory of parts and supplies required to perform service and repair duties. Requisitions other parts, materials and equipment according to District purchasing procedures.
• Plans, designs and interprets drawings and specifications of Local and Wide Area Network and computer systems for upgrade and repair purposes.
• Completes written records related to work performed.
• May operate a District vehicle and maintain the vehicle's equipment
and materials inventory as necessary. Inspects vehicle for safe operation and reports defects to the supervisor as per District procedures. Performs minor maintenance such as keeping it clean and adding operating fluids as required.
• Performs duties in compliance with District and Government health and safety procedures and regulations that relate to the work performed to minimize potential for accidents, injuries or hazards.
• Performs other job related duties of comparable importance, difficulty and responsibility as necessary.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS (Knowledge, abilities and skills)
• Grade 12 or equivalent plus a Diploma in Computer Information
Systems Technology or related subjects from a recognized institution of technology plus three (3) years relevant work experience including two (2) years service work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Certification in one or more LAN and WAN operating systems.
• Extensive knowledge of the practices, methods, tools and equipment
used in the service and repair of relevant equipment.
• Extensive knowledge of established computer systems, current
network operating systems and current structural network design
• Working knowledge of current characteristics and capabilities of
telecommunications hardware and software.
• Ability to organize workload, work under periodic pressure and
complete assignments with minimal supervision.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Ability to perform physical activities such as lifting, pushing, pulling
and moving materials, equipment and supplies.
• Valid Class 5 BC Driver's Licence.
For more information please contact Kim Wong at email@example.com or at 604-668-6000 ext.6024