Location: Norcross, GA
- As the Windows/Mac Endpoint Engineer, you will provide reporting, server remediation, automation and scripting services, Apple/Mac support and troubleshooting, RF device configuration and management and mobile device administration in an advanced, primarily Microsoft SCCM environment.
- You will provide tier one and two support, configuration and deployment services for endpoints across WestRock, including Windows and Mac-based workstations and servers, mobile devices, RF devices and endpoint-facing applications.You resolve and complete assigned cases and change requests and act as an escalation point for endpoint support issues.
- You apply new solutions through research and collaboration with the team and determine action plans for new application deployment initiatives.
- The core duties could also include the use and management of System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) and Jamf Software Server, as well as application deployment, software update deployment, operating system deployment, endpoint protection and endpoint security remediation efforts.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Monitor group incident and request queues, alert notices and other work request streams for new notifications.
- Complete support incidents and change requests within pre-defined service level agreements.
- Regularly communicate status of incidents and requests with customers and key stakeholders via email, phone and face-to-face as dictated by the severity and circumstances of the incident.
- Maintain updated documentation of all in-progress and completed requests in appropriate systems as required by team management.
- Appropriately escalate incidents and requests using pre-defined processes when required.
- Provide first and second level support and maintenance of the Windows server environment and all related technologies, including virtualization, hardware, software, printers and storage.
- Act as an on-call agent for team in specified rotation.
- Identify, diagnose and correct problems related to the operating system, software, utilities and hardware.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability endpoint management infrastructure, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs and verifying completion of scheduled deployments and updates.
- Install, configure and maintain operating system software and third-party software utilities for hardware systems within company operational guidelines.
- Create and maintain system documentation for domain technologies, including installation, configuration and appropriate troubleshooting steps.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement through solutions to recurring problems and enhancements to existing solutions or documentation.
- Support business restructuring activities, including new sites and relocations remotely as required.
- Install, configure and document new software and services as dictated by the project.
- Coordinate project activities with project managers and other team members.
What you need to succeed:
- 7+ years experience in similar work in large corporate environments.
- Competency with enterprise-level desktop management applications such as Landesk or Alteris. System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) and Jamf Casper Suite preferred.
- Experience with enterprise-level software update management, patching and application packaging for Windows and Mac platforms.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows and Mac-based server and workstation operating systems.
- Advanced knowledge of networking and network infrastructure.
- Strong scripting competency using either VBScript or PowerShell.
- Proficiency with T-SQL query language is preferred but not necessary.
- Familiarity with Ubuntu or RHEL.
- Knowledge of Managed Preferences or Configuration Profiles.
- Experience with Bash and AppleScript.
- Familiarity with PXE and NetBoot imaging.
- Familiarity with RF device management and support is a strong plus.
- Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems preferred.
- Fluent in English.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills and ability to work effectively in a global enterprise.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines at a fast pace.
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe and Asia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Please apply on our website: http://jobs.westrock.com/jobs/information-systems/norcross/windows-mac-endpoint-engineer-norcross-ga/req1725#/.