Department: Technology Operations (IT)
Location: Watertown, MA
We're looking for a Systems Administrator to join our Technology Operations team. The goal of the Technology Operations team is to provide effective technologies and quality services that seamlessly integrate into the daily workflows of Markforged employees to enhance productivity, safeguard information, and scale in a cost-effective manner. We do this by listening to the needs of employees and maximizing the potential of the tools we offer. You'll report to the Director of IT and will work alongside all aspects of Markforged.
You will be a strong and independent team member that is passionate about solving big problems with simple solutions, driving perfection, and building a great company. You have demonstrable experience in building scalable IT infrastructure while maintaining a high level of technology support. You are a creative thinker, problem solver, and learner. This position offers a superb opportunity to implement and maintain highly effective, reliable, secure, and innovative technologies.
What You Will Work On
- Triage and respond to support requests including all support channels and walk-ups
- Record problem and resolution details in ticketing system
- Support and solve problems related to macOS, Windows, Linux, mobile devices, office printers, A/V and video conferencing systems
- Assist with automating common processes
- Keep knowledge base updated and deliver training when needed
- Onboarding new hires including provisioning of computers, accounts and peripherals
- Collaborate with Tech Ops team to provide a reliable help model
What We Look For
- 3+ years of experience supporting IT services, including configuration, patching, and diagnosis of macOS, Windows, Linux, iOS, Android
- Skilled communicator with a focus on customer service to resolve issues effectively
- Ability to tailor support for all members of the organization
- Problem solver who knows how to utilize resources
- Highly organized, precise with great attention to detail
- Experience managing enterprise software
- Experience working with endpoint configuration management tools, JAMF and Intune
- Ability to provide concise documentation within a ticketing system
- Experience with office hardware such as printers, video conferencing, and A/V systems
- Ability to work weekend and off-hours on occasion
- Ability and strong desire to work with minimal supervision in an environment with changing priorities and multiple projects
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize in a hyper growth startup environment
At Markforged, we are on a mission to unlock the next 10x of innovation in design and manufacturing. We build an Industrial 3D Printing Platform to liberate designers and engineers from decades-old, slow part creation processes. NASA, Google, Ford, Amazon, Siemens and thousands of companies in 50 countries use Markforged to print same-day prototypes and produce stronger end-use parts than they did before. With Markforged, customers are able to ship 50X faster, spend 20X less, and build products that are 23X stronger.
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
Apply on our website.