Company: Locus Health
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Locus Health has an opening for a System Engineer/Project Engineer position located in Charlottesville, Virginia.
The Systems Engineer/Project Engineer position is a hybrid position delivering customer facing IT solutions with responsibility for architecture, installation, configuration, and integration, primarily with Apple-based solutions, and providing support for internal company IT needs.
The successful candidate will need to be willing to do some, though minimal, travel to areas throughout the U.S. as needed and will be responsible for leadership and strategic thinking in a hard-working, positive, team-oriented environment. Candidates must demonstrate their ability to be resourceful, the desire and motivation to learn, and to teach others. Candidates must be able to collaborate with a geographically dispersed team. Candidates must be able to produce high quality technical documentation and provide training as required.
• Primary responsibility for developing, testing and maintaining system configurations and iOS profiles, including a baseline specification for mobile device management (MDM) for all devices deployed with health system customers; knowledge of JAMF platform a prerequisite.
• Lead efforts to provide solutions for deployments and implementations for health system customers
• Coach customers and project teams in their use of the deployed Mobile Device Management solution (MDM).
• Own responsibility for helpdesk requests for external and internal needs.
• Assist in coordinating the deployment of Apple hardware and iOS solutions at health care customer sites.
• Work with Locus Health/Apple Project Management to ensure technical quality on all engagements.
• Assist in developing risk assessment protocols with Locus Health IT Director and senior management.
• Assist in responding to customer-specific risk assessment/evaluations to support Project Teams as needed.
• Aggregate information from multiple sources to formulate a cohesive strategy or direction and communicate the direction effectively.
• Experience with JAMF a must
• 5+ years of experience architecting, deploying, and troubleshooting iOS, macOS, and macOS Server
• 5+ years of enterprise-level client and server integration and deployment
• Professional experience architecting and deploying wireless networks and/or deploying wireless clients into environments
• General familiarity with networking concepts, including troubleshooting wireless infrastructure issues
• 5+ years of experience with direct customer interaction
• Experience developing and communicating analytical business reporting
• Exemplary interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills
• Strong writing and project planning experience
• Familiarity with MDM concepts and Apple's Push Notification Service (APNS)
• Familiarity with Apple deployment workflows, including the Device Enrollment Program and Volume Purchase Program (VPP)
• Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP) 10.11,10.12,10.13, or ability to obtain
• Familiarity with directory and web services hosted on Windows Server and Linux platforms (Active Directory, LDAP, IIS, Apache/Tomcat)
• Familiarity with concepts relating to creation and deployment of certificates
• Familiarity with concepts relating to SSO
• Familiarity with concepts relating to bluetooth device integration
• Experience deploying and/or managing Microsoft Active Directory and/or UNIX/Linux server infrastructure preferred
Locus Health works with health care systems and payers across the U.S. to ensure the successful deployment of iOS-based remote patient monitoring and connectivity solutions for patient families and their care providers.
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org