Company: Expedia Group
Department: Corporate IT
Location: Bellevue, Washington
Managing Macs at scale is a unique challenge. As a Systems Engineer specialising in all things Mac, you and the team will have the opportunity to shape the future direction of the Mac platform at Expedia. As a tech company, Expedia passionately embraces emerging technologies, from open source solutions, cloud based infrastructure, to home-grown tech. Supported by (and supporting) a team of System Administrators, you will have free reign to design, propose, and implement tools and systems to improve Expedia’s Mac management.
• First and foremost, you will be one of the Mac SMEs at Expedia, people will look to you/the team for technical leadership. • Expedia is keen to offer our users the latest tech innovations, we may ask you to consider how other platforms – such as Linux or ChromeOS – might be managed.
• Process improvement and review – from imaging, to provisioning, to asset retirement, every part of the lifecycle of a device is in scope for improvement. Your focus will be Tier 0/Self Service solutions to drive improved service delivery across the organization.
• As an engineer, you will be expected to follow typical engineering best practices such as software configuration management (source control), maintaining documentation, and reviewing code for more junior team members.
• Mentoring is a huge part of the philosophy at Expedia – we will expect you to exploit teachable moments to develop the skills of your peers and team.
• Serve as a Tier 4 escalation point for our Operations and Support teams.
• In depth and current knowledge of macOS system internals.
• Experience deploying macOS in a corporate environment, including NetBoot/NetInstall for imaging, managing FileVault encryption, common provisioning tasks, etc.
• Experience using a version control system – preferably git.
• Use of common packaging tools such as Jamf’s Composer or AutoPkg.
• Strong competency in Python, with experience interacting with RESTful APIs.
• Deep knowledge of at least one of the following: Jamf Pro, Munki/Simian.
• Excellent inter-personal and communication skills – you will need to write detailed, accurate, and clear documentation – as well as provide mentoring to colleagues.
• Good knowledge of shell scripting in bash or similar.
• Objective C / Swift programming experience.
• Experience managing Linux and/or ChromeOS.
• Webapp development – particularly using the Django framework.
• Experience managing services such as Apache, MySQL, etc.
• Familiarity with the operation of Active Directory – particularly with regard to Mac binding.
Expedia Group is one of world's largest travel platforms. We help knock down the barriers to travel, making it easier, more enjoyable, more attainable and more accessible. We are here to bring the world within reach for customers and partners around the globe. We leverage our platform and technology capabilities across an extensive portfolio of businesses and brands to orchestrate the movement of people and the delivery of travel experiences on a both local and global scale.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®. Join our family of brands to change the face of travel.
Apply at https://expedia.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/search/job/USA---Washington---Bellevue/Systems-Engineer-II_R-33801