Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Reporting to the Manager, IT, the Deskside Support Specialist troubleshoots and resolves software, hardware and access problems for both internal and remote clients. The specialist is also responsible for security procedures to safeguard hardware and software physical assets.
Administrating JAMF Pro at a local site level
• Troubleshoot issues with in terminal commands and scripts
• Support and assist in the deployment and maintenance of systems using macOS based tools and Windows based tools.
• Responds to Helpdesk requests, ensure metrics are met; escalates higher level problems to Deskside Support Level III and IT Manager • Provides macOS/Windows problem solving for local users
• Performs new hardware installation and upgrades; Must be able to lift 30kg
• Builds, reconfigures, maintains, and repairs Apple and PC workstations (desktops and portables)
• Performs movement, additions and changes to equipment (computer hardware, cables)
• Performs applications installation, re-installation, configuration and upgrades
• May assist in network application installations
• Resolves basic network connectivity issues as necessary
• Assists with hardware/software set up for on-site user business presentations
• Tracks hardware inventory
• Ensuring Root Cause Analysis (RCA) is robust, complete and accurate for outages
• Ensure tracking and driving RCA actions to be completed
• Other duties as assigned
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Good knowledge of shell scripting in bash or similar.
• Should be willing to work in shifts.
• Overall should be a good team player with willingness to learn and drive to achieve.
• Strong experience with using and administrating JAMF Pro
• Experience using terminal commands and simple scripts
• Knowledge of Remedy
• Associates Degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school or equivalent experience and/or training
• Regular degree/diploma in Information Technology (would be given preference)
• Network specialization courses would be considered an asset:
o MCSA/MCSE and/or ACTC or similar certification(s)
o Jamf CCT and/or CCA
Via Website link