Company: Call Andy! Macintosh Consulting
Department: Onsite engineering
Location: Boston, MA
Call Andy! Macintosh Consulting has an immediate need for a full-time onsite Systems Engineer supporting our focus in mostly Mac-based Micro/Small Business and high-end residential clients. This is a long-term career opportunity for an experienced, and customer service-oriented engineer who loves being a bridge between technology and end-users. We need you to be an excellent communicator, energetic, enthusiastic, self-motivated, and possess a proactive attitude. Ideally, the right candidate will have experience with Jamf, Watchman Monitoring, Synology & Cisco Meraki as well as Apple support certifications, and have 5+ years of Mac support in a professional setting.
Our goal to move our clients’ use of technologies and workflows forward to help them achieve their goals. Our strength is our ability to “see over the hill” for them. As an onsite Systems Engineer, you will be a technology advocate, both supporting and educating our clients, as well as assisting other Call Andy! engineers with project implementations. You will be responsible for the hardware and labor budgets for individual projects, working with our Manager of Finance and Admin to author Statements of Work, and drive the implementation of assigned projects across our client base. The position requires a mix of hard and soft skills: an instinct for thinking several steps ahead, communicating technology impact and needs with our clients in business-centric language, but also an innate desire to bring order to chaos and a knack for working with people across all levels, from end-users to CEOs, in a wide range of industries. You will leverage your experience to set stakeholder expectations, ensure projects meet both our standards and our clients’ definition of success, communicate the business value of the results, and drive iterative and on-going efforts to successfully complete the project on time and on budget.
This role is semi-autonomous, where your home is your base, and you drive daily to different clients in your Call Andy! portfolio. Your role is to be the primary face of Call Andy! with those clients and essentially be their IT department. Services include troubleshooting, maintenance, upgrades, networking, and training/consulting for clients in their homes or places of business. You’ll be responsible for coordinating and working to resolve issues with the diverse aspects of their IT needs for which we’re responsible. This relates to all technology, vendor specific hardware and software, and client-specific workflows.
You'll need to have an appropriate home workspace and a reliable broadband internet connection, as well as a dependable vehicle to get to daily appointments. We communicate with each other throughout the day via phone and Slack, as well as in-person monthly team meetings and other events.
• Provide day-to-day support in primarily Mac and cross-platform environments for desktop, server, network, NAS, and cloud systems.
• Respond and work to resolve Call Andy! client service requests from email, in person, and remotely.
• Identify opportunities for the implementation of new technology within each client’s workflow & IT environment.
• Identify, research, and resolve complex technical problems related to systems and workflows.
• Design and implement server, network, and cloud solutions.
• Research and write technical documentation related to processes, vendors, quotes, how-tos, internal and external KB articles.
• Send notifications to clients related to technical issues, equipment and software upgrades, malware, and other news related to Mac environments.
• Document, track, and monitor issues to ensure efficient and timely resolutions.
• Document and track your time and expenses in ConnectWise.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide exceptional customer service and support for a wide variety of equipment.
• Develop a working understanding of the organization’s key services for which support is being provided.
• Strive to improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction.
• Manage client expectations skillfully.
• Respond to and turnaround customer requests quickly and efficiently.
• Provide real-time ticket updates in ConnectWise.
• Document client configurations, work sessions and other notes in ConnectWise clearly and concisely.
• Meet or exceed quality and service level goals.
• Proficiency in macOS and iOS operating systems, business applications, printing systems, and network systems.
• Proficiency in MDM & RMM solutions such as Jamf, Watchman Monitoring, etc.
• Mastery of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide services.
• Ability to see the big picture of systems and workflows.
• Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
• Must enjoy working semi-autonomously.
• Self-motivated, with the ability to prioritize, multitask, and quickly adapt to changes in an environment with multiple competing tasks and responsibilities with minimal supervision
• Ability and desire to build and maintain great relationships with clients.
• Excellent phone etiquette, listening, written and verbal communication skills
• Must excel in self time management and organizational skills.
• A great sense of humor is appreciated.
Call Andy! Macintosh Consulting is a 20+ year old Mac-centric IT consulting company based in Wayland, MA. We have terrific long-term clients across a wide spectrum of micro & small business, SOHO, and high-end residential clients in both break-fix, and managed services models. Through collaborative, long-term relationships with our clients, we help them to maximize the return on their IT investment, sustaining measurable results with an eye on business strategy, practicality, pragmatism, transparency, a heap of creative problem-solving, and a sense of humor. We may be geeks, but we are geeks with social skills. We love learning new things and our skills and projects are continuously growing in scope and breadth.
We provide a career path in IT Consulting that you can’t find elsewhere. You can come to us as a “first job in consulting” and we’ll provide you with experience, training, and mentoring to become a senior IT professional. Or you can come to us as a senior IT consultant and work with the most amazing and experienced team of senior talent who help each other (and push each other) to grow. Best of all, you’re in a position to impact the direction and growth of this company. Ultimately, we want to create a work environment that you’ll want to retire from after a long and fulfilling career. We focus on work/life balance, a supportive team environment, an ethical approach to business, and an emphasis on the long-term relationships we build with our clients.
What you bring to the table:
• A think-ahead, “ounce-of-prevention” mind-set.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in computer science, information technology, business administration, or a related field (or equivalent experience); MSP experience is a big plus.
• Experience supporting and maintaining professional grade firewalls and VPNs (Cisco Meraki, SonicWALL, Watchguard, etc.), WAPs and managed switches.
• 5+ years of Mac-related IT and networking experience (and this means you’ve assisted with more than the deployment of a few routers, switches and wireless access points).
• Advanced understanding of troubleshooting macOS and iOS
• Basic understanding of network and internet protocols such as DHCP, DNS, MX Records as they pertain to troubleshooting client-side issues.
• Working understanding of AV & automation systems such as Sonos, Nest, etc.
• Apple Certifications not required initially, but preference will be given to certified applicants
• Positive and collaborative attitude that demonstrates initiative and tenacity
• Informed of technology trends, an insatiable desire to learn new things, follow best practices.
• Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
• Must know which end of the drill you are supposed to hold.
• Monday-Friday 9am - 6pm • Must be willing to work outside normal business hours when necessary (on-call support)
• Must have appropriate home workspace and a broadband internet connection
• Must have a reliable car, a clean driving record, and a valid MA driver’s license with current insurance.
• Must live within a 30-45 minute drive of downtown Boston
• Must provide 3-5 professional references
• Must be able to pass background, CORI, and credit checks
• Must be legally able to work in the US
What we offer:
• Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications
• Health benefits
• Mac laptop, iPhone (if needed) and other tools
• Performance-based incentives
• Generous bonus levels
• Simple IRA with matching
• Full on-the-job training & support
• Fun working environment and culture
• Training and great opportunity for advancement
• Opportunity to learn new things on a daily basis, collaborate and cross-train with our other engineers and vendors
• Opportunities to present at industry events
Please visit https://www.callandy.com/engineerscreen, complete the questionnaire and submit your resume. This is our own process to make sure that we are talking with legitimate candidates and can get an early understanding of your skill set.
Share your resume and a cover letter that explains why you believe you’d be a fit for Call Andy! and this position. Impeccable communication skills are essential to all we do, and we weigh cover letters heavily. We love a cover letter that shows us your personality, but don’t stress if you’re not a comedian. Just be yourself. We’re mostly interested in learning who you are, what you love to do, and why you’d love to do it here with us. And if you send us the generic one you send everyone else, we’ll be bummed.