Remote 240 Course
Become a Jamf Certified Tech - Jamf School from the comfort of your home office.
The Remote Jamf 240 Course offers a core understanding of Jamf School, as well as an education-focused inquiry into the iOS, iPadOS, and macOS platforms. Our hands-on example- and discussion-based environment is a great way to learn Jamf School.
- Introduction and configuration of Jamf School
- Creating User Groups and Classes
- Enrolling computers and mobile devices using Automated Device Enrollment
- Organizing devices into groups and configuring Shared iPad
- Managing devices with profiles and Quick Action Commands
- Delivering apps and content to computers and mobile devices
- Configuring Jamf Teacher, Parent, and Student
- Building and managing packages for deployment to computers
- Creating incident types for internal device tracking
Two days (9 AM - 5 PM each day) of virtual classroom interaction
Server infrastructure (dedicated Jamf School server for the duration of the course)
Digital course materials
Certification exam (available within 45 days of course completion)
Jamf Certified Tech - Jamf School digital badge issued upon successful completion of the certification exam with a passing score (valid for three years)
- Some hands-on experience with iOS, iPadOS, and macOS
A reliable internet connection—capable of receiving 10.0 Mbps and sending 5.0 Mbps
A (non-production or production) Mac with a functioning camera and any version of macOS Sonoma 14 that has Administrator account credentials
A test (non-production) iPad with any version of iPadOS 17
Optional, but highly encouraged: An external monitor
“Non-production” means that the device and computer can be erased before and after the course, supervised, and used for full Jamf School enrollment testing in class.
The non-production device and computer must meet the following conditions:
- Not be currently enrolled in any MDM server or in the scope of an Automated Device Enrollment profile
- Unassigned in or unaffiliated with Apple Business Manager or Apple School Manager
If you do not have an iPad, you can use any non-production iOS device that meets the conditions and customer requirements listed above. macOS virtual machines will not work as a substitute for a physical non-production computer.