Jamf connects providers, patients and loved ones — no matter where they are.
Virtual Visits and Care at Home
There is a global shortage of personal protective equipment (PPE), putting doctors, nurses and the extended care team at risk for contracting COVID-19. At the same time, patients are under intense isolation and without their families. Jamf, the standard in Apple Enterprise Management, offers a new telehealth workflow within Jamf Pro aimed to protect providers while still connecting patients to care and their communities — Virtual Visits.
And inpatient telehealth is only the beginning. iPad can be used for remote patient monitoring beyond the point of discharge, extending the reach of patient care from the hospital to the comfort of home.
Virtual Visits Powered by Jamf
With Virtual Visits powered by Jamf, healthcare organizations can configure and instantly deploy third-party conferencing platforms like Zoom and Microsoft Teams to iPad. Providers are able to virtually care for patients, and patients can simply connect with loved ones outside the hospital - without IT ever having to touch the device.
How it works:
- Jamf Pro and a new Jamf Cloud Virtual Visits service fully automate the integration to Microsoft Teams or Zoom
- Patients can easily send invitations and start a meeting from a Jamf managed iPad- no login or password required
- Family and Providers can securely join the meeting from any device
Care at Home
iPad strengthens the connection to patients after they leave the hospital. Patients can use secure monitoring apps to send critical feedback to care teams in real-time, leading to improved clinical outcomes.
How it works:
- At discharge, patient receives an iPad configured with resources to support their recovery at home
- Patient enters data and receives care team feedback in real-time through a secure remote monitoring application
- After recovery, iPad is collected, wiped with Jamf and redeployed
iPad video conferencing in a few simple taps.
Connect isolated patients with providers and families — no login or passwords required.
Healthcare providers and extended care teams are challenged with balancing the need to visit hospital rooms to check on patients with preventing the transmission of infectious disease among frontline staff.
The fastest way to implement video conferencing in healthcare.
Powered by the only Apple-focused infrastructure and security platform of scale in the world.
With Jamf, you get a unique and automated solution to deploy video virtual conferencing apps for providers to connect with family and their patients:
Compatible with HIPAA compliant video conferencing platforms
Third-party video conferencing systems like Zoom and Microsoft Teams can be deployed on in-room Apple devices for providers to virtually round on their patients.
Fast connection between providers and patients
With a simple lookup, doctors and clinical staff can instantly initiate a meeting or auto-join a patient’s secure video conference based on room number. Multiple members of the medical team can collaborate in a single virtual meeting with the patient.
Easy one-click experience for patients
With Virtual Visits, patients can connect to their secure video conference with a provider in one click. No account creation or login credentials required.
Patient to family communication made simple
Patients can connect with their loved ones outside the hospital with a quick invitation. The recipient receives an email with a link that automatically join the patient’s video conference.
Randomized accounts for simplicity and privacy
Account information is temporarily stored in Jamf Pro for each patient visit, and automatically refreshed for the next patient. This ensures no accidental calls for added security.
EMR Integration to automate bedside device management
Provide patients with an Apple device at the bedside that connects them to their own care. With Jamf and Apple, IT teams can leverage Jamf Healthcare Listener to digitally sterilize shared iOS and tvOS devices for each and every patient to ensure utmost patient privacy.
Set policies and monitor the health of your Apple devices. Generate reports to demonstrate compliance with security standards (such as HIPAA) — an ability that helps mitigate regulatory compliance risks while streamlining audits.
See how Virtual Visits keeps providers, patients, and their families safe and connected.
Care at Home
Bridging the gap from hospital to home.
Healthcare as we know it is changing and care teams can engage patients across the care continuum and provide a better patient experience — even after discharge.
Jamf partners with organizations like Locus Health who provide turnkey iPad remote monitoring programs across the country. With a secure iOS app from Locus, patients can submit data to their care teams in real-time, and receive critical feedback to improve their clinical outcomes. See how Jamf and Locus deliver iPad remote monitoring solutions and are bridging the gap between hospital and home.
View this integration in the Jamf Marketplace
Benefits for patients and families:
- Contact your personal care team
- Submit necessary data points in real-time
- Seamlessly share to an array of providers, enabling a network of cohesive care
- See a customized interface with only the tools you need
- Easily view and upload photos and videos, vital signs and more
- Securely share data through an easy-to-use iOS interface
Benefits for care providers:
- Gain a holistic view of a patient from any location
- Monitor a patient’s status at home
- Answer questions remotely, eliminating unnecessary visits
- Make in-home care tips and recommendations
- Configure settings by patient or population-level
- Securely and remotely manage and troubleshoot iOS devices
- Dial patients directly from the clinician app
Extend the impact of care with iPad.
Watch UVA discuss the lessons learned in creating an iPad-based home monitoring program, driving internal adoption, billing for these services, and becoming a fully-integrated enterprise platform.
Harness the power of Apple and secure video conferencing for your patients and care teams with Virtual Visits by Jamf.
Contact us to learn how your healthcare organization can:
- Remotely configure and deploy secure in-room video calls
- Provide one click access to virtual care for patients
- Deliver easy, instant video connections for providers and families