The chances of getting ALL your employees to use Self Service to its full extent may be a little slim, and Emily Kausalik knows that. That’s why she filled us in on a little secret: ‘sell’ Self Service to users through customization methods. She found that this leads to more employees adopting and using the app to perform several tasks, including self-enrollment into the JSS.
Emily, a Desktop Support Technician at Volusion, showed us how to customize Self Service and tailor it to our specific type of organization. She took us through a workflow that included changing:
- Name of the application
- Name in the menu bar
- Dock, plug-in, progress bar, and login icons
- Background color
She went on to give a few tips to help encourage users to self-enroll. Tips included:
- Send a nice email, and then send it again
- Require a directory login
- Let users know any requested software will be installed through/using Self Service
- Sell it to new hires!
- Don’t forget; Self Service is pretty much the only part of the service they “see” so tell them all about it
- Encourage using Self Service to troubleshoot
- Put all software requests in Self Service to download
With the help of customization methods, users may be much more inclined to use Self Service when they think it’s a company app. But that’s our little secret.
Watch the full video of this session now.
Have market trends, Apple updates and Jamf news delivered directly to your inbox.