“Sometimes I’ll start a sentence and I don’t even know where it’s going. I just hope that I find it along the way.” – Michael Scott
With the ITS Jamf integration for ServiceNow, you don’t have to hope, you’ll know exactly where you’re going.
As an organization considers allowing more Macs in their environment, a lot of questions may come up:
- Do we need to add new IT support personnel?
- Does this change our previous process (i.e., imaging and security)?
- Do the users need new software and workflows?
What is ServiceNow?
ServiceNow is a best-in-class platform for automating IT service management at scale. While historically there has been a gap between the automation you can implement to manage your Windows and Mac populations, the ITS Jamf integration helps eliminate that gap by including the “swivel chair” processes that are often required to help fulfill Mac service requests.
How does it help streamline processes for Mac?
With the ITS Jamf integration, you can:
- Automatically populate your Configuration Management Database (CMDB) with hardware Configuration Items(CI) and Software Inventory data to the same standards as your Windows devices
- Enable IT to efficiently manage Macs from ServiceNow while restricting access to your Jamf instance to only those that explicitly require it
- Create automated Self-Service catalog items for a variety of requests, including FileVault recovery keys, unlock user accounts and software delivery
- Automate software Asset Management metering and license reclamation to save up to 22% on resources, like time and money, vs. completing tasks manually
- Trigger remote management commands automatically from ServiceNow
- Provide reporting for leadership from Jamf data, including Extension Attributes
Whether you are focused on improving the accuracy of your asset inventory or looking to introduce workflows that improve IT automation, the ITS Jamf ServiceNow integration from ServiceNow is a surefire way to streamline workflows, reduce costs and improve productivity, such as freeing IT personnel to focus on other critical tasks and projects.
Think differently about how you manage Mac
Learn more about how you can automate your processes.
The partnership between the ITS team and Jamf has helped organizations manage fleets of all sizes without requiring all hands on deck. Whether you have ten Macs or 10,000 Macs, your team can feel confident setting up, deploying and supporting your fleet from ServiceNow with the ITS Jamf integration.
Don’t just take our word for it, see for yourself how ITS can help your organization streamline processes and implement automated workflows.
To learn more, reach out to your Jamf customer success manager
or check out ServiceNow in the Jamf Marketplace
Have market trends, Apple updates and Jamf news delivered directly to your inbox.