Jamf’s popular App Installers is an indispensable tool for Apple admins looking for device management software to simplify their world.
Part of the Jamf App Catalog, App Installers is a curated collection of Jamf-managed and Jamf-provided installer packages that automate and streamline updating and deploying third-party apps. Jamf Pro automatically sources these packages from vendors, repackages them if necessary, and updates and deploys these titles to designated Mac machines in a Smart Group.
In the JNUC session, Low-Code Automation and App Installers: A Match Made in Efficiency Heaven, Tyler J. Talaga, IT Automation Engineer at MyFitnessPal, shares how to make the process even more efficient by using a low-code automation platform to automatically detect, select, suggest and ultimately deploy App Installers.
Making an improved process even better
While App Installers is invaluable for Mac admins who need to keep on top of patch management, Talaga wanted to address potential gaps he was seeing such as:
- Catalog updates – how do you know when there are updates to the 145 and counting apps?
- Deployment criteria – How do you know when you should deploy updates?
- Managing failed deployments – It’s unavoidable there will be some, how do you manage the process to track and redeploy?
Talaga developed workflow solutions using Jamf Pro, Tines (a ‘’no-code” automation platform) and Slack (a messaging application) that ultimately helped him eliminate the guesswork and automate the processes necessary to fill in the gaps.
Regardless of the tools used by your organizations, the concepts and methodology will still be applicable.
- See how much of what is installed and where in your environment
- Programmatically* deploy App Installers based on pre-defined criteria
- Implement an approval-based mechanism to determine if or when you’d like to deploy suggested App Installers
*The presentation includes examples of both a low-code implementation and a more traditional python-backed design.
Join us as we dive into the tech involved and learn how Jamf admins can make the same magic of device management automation happen at your organization.
Register for JNUC to access this and other sessions.
Have market trends, Apple updates and Jamf news delivered directly to your inbox.