Jamf Connect license files are easy to update and distribute to your fleet of Macs with Jamf Pro. In this video, we show the simple process of creating a Configuration Profile that only contains the LicenseFile key for Jamf Connect.
When renewal time comes around, simply copy the new license file from account.jamf.com and paste into Jamf Pro, update the config profile and distribute to all machines.
Step by Step Instructions:
- Navigate to Computers → Configuration Profiles.
- If this is the first time you’re distributing a Jamf Connect license to your fleet, create a new Configuration Profile with the “+ New” button in the upper right corner of the screen.
- If you’re updating an existing profile, select and edit it.
- In the General tab, name your profile something that you’ll remember and your fellow administrators will understand. Categories help sort config profiles in Jamf Pro to make it easier to find when updating later.
- Scroll down on the left-hand toolbar to the Applications and Custom Settings payload. Select the option for “JamfApplications”. You’ll be adding two configurations to one profile: com.jamf.connect and com.jamf.connect.login.
- Select whatever is the latest version of the profile. LicenseFile is a common key that has existed since the beginning, so it will still work if you’re distributing an older copy of Jamf Connect. Select the JamfConnect.json schema built-in to Jamf Pro.
- Use the Add/Remove Properties option to remove all the keys EXCEPT the LicenseFile.
- Repeat this process to get the configuration for Jamf Connect Login and Jamf Connect menu bar. Keep this tab open.
- Open a new tab in your web browser and navigate to account.jamf.com. Log in with your Jamf Nation credentials and select the Jamf Connect info from the Products tab.
- In the section for License, you have an option to copy the license info to the clipboard. Select this to copy the license to your clipboard.
- Return to the tab with Jamf Pro and paste the license file key into both the config for Jamf Connect Login and Jamf Connect menu bar.
- Save the configuration profile and select the “Scope” tab to target machines in your fleet which use Jamf Connect.
If you are renewing your license, check for any other configuration profile that applies to Jamf Connect. Only one LicenseFile key can be applied at a time. Misconfiguration may produce unexpected results in the Jamf Connect application if there are multiple LicenseFiles applied at the same time.