Apple's Worldwide Developer Conference (WWDC) is an exciting time for development teams. In this episode of the Jamf After Dark podcast, hosts Kat Garbis, channel program manager, and Katie English, director of product strategy, invite Jennifer Briggs to tell us about her team's experience with the conference. Briggs, vice president of software engineering at Jamf, leads a team of software engineers who prepare for WWDC every year. She discusses how her team collaborates and communicates during this busy season across international borders and time zones.
Jennifer Briggs joined Jamf in 2020 after working in the financial service industry. She brings her extensive experience with large-scale projects to lead the Jamf Pro and Jamf Protect teams. In this episode, she gives us an inside look at how her team operates, including how someone new can become a successful engineer.
In this episode, you'll hear about:
- How preparing for WWDC affects software engineer workload
- Collaborating with international colleagues
- The importance of technical collaboration and communication
- Managing disagreements between engineering groups
- The skills needed to be an engineer
- The job beyond the coding, testing and QA
- The most fun experiences at Jamf
Visit the Jamf After Dark website to find a complete list of past episodes and subscribe to our RSS feed.
Have market trends, Apple updates and Jamf news delivered directly to your inbox.