A company’s best defense against malicious actors is a solution that addresses the distinct malware and viruses that target macOS. Jamf supports Mac devices with solutions purpose-built for Macs, to secure Apple devices with minimal impact to end users.
Jamf Now has expanded to help you prevent malicious software and other threats from running on Mac devices in your environment with Malware Prevention powered by Jamf Protect. Help maintain the security of your Mac devices with functionality that assists you with:
- Malware Prevention: Prevent known Mac malware, adware, ransomware and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) from executing on organizational devices. This feature also helps meet common antivirus needs for threat compliance.
- Threat Intelligence: Stay protected by taking advantage of Jamf’s extensive knowledge of macOS malware through ongoing leading-edge research and third-party feeds.
- Quarantine: When malware is identified, automatically remove and quarantine it.
The native Apple security prompts users to confirm whether they really want to execute applications that may contain malware or are otherwise potentially risky. While it is great that macOS identifies these basic risks, the fact that users could override it and continue could allow malware to still infect your devices.
But thanks to Malware Prevention, the malware is prevented from being executed because it was scanned and identified as a known threat while advising the user of the action.
In the background, the malware was quarantined, the threat neutralized and the user and company data are protected.
Jamf Fundamentals offers more for business
Jamf Fundamentals is a new plan that provides enhanced management, as well as core elements of identity and security functionality all within Jamf Now’s easy-to-use and intuitive platform. In addition to Malware Prevention, Jamf Fundamentals also includes features such as password sync, Self Service functionality, in-house app installation, custom configuration profiles, macOS package deployment, and enhanced support.
How it works: Steps to enable Malware Prevention
It’s simple to enable Malware Prevention:
- Log in to Jamf Now.
- Click Blueprints.
- Click on the Blueprint you want to edit.
- Click Security.
- Select the Enable Malware Prevention powered by Jamf Protect checkbox.
- Click Save Changes.
To try Jamf Fundamentals for yourself, sign up for a Jamf Now account and upgrade to the Jamf Fundamentals plan within the product.
Manage up to three devices for free.
Have market trends, Apple updates and Jamf news delivered directly to your inbox.