With Jamf Protect’s new RBAC functionality, admins can now email notifications when alerts are reported in the console. Jamf Protect will check your tenant every 30 seconds for new alerts. Depending on how many new alerts exist, emails will be formatted accordingly to display your alert information in the following ways:
- 3 or fewer new alerts: Each alert and its information are displayed within individual tables.
- 4 or more new alerts: Alerts are grouped, with their information compiled into a single table.
With this feature, admins are now also able to configure email alerts to be sent to a Slack channel of their choice, enabling real-time notifications of Apple security alerts.
Setting it all up:
- Select a channel or create a new channel for Jamf Protect Alerts
- In the channel, select “Channel Details”
- Click the “…” more button
- Select “Send emails to channel”
- Click “Get Email Address”
- Copy the email address that is generated
- Navigate to “Administrative” > “Account”
- Select the “Users” tab
- Select “+Create User”
- Paste the email address generated by Slack
- Under “Identity Provider” choose “None”
- Now “Groups” and “Roles” should be grayed out
- Check “Send Email Notifications” box
- Select “Save”
Now when new alert emails are sent from Jamf Protect, you will receive the notification in Slack as well which contains a description of the alert, timestamp details, endpoint hostname and a link to the alert, as displayed in the screenshot below.
What are you waiting for?
Start receiving realtime security notifications about your endpoint's health today.
Have market trends, Apple updates and Jamf news delivered directly to your inbox.