With Apple news comes Jamf news (or vice versa). To coincide with Apple’s March 25 event, we’re pleased to announce that Jamf Pro — the gold standard in Apple device management — received new and exciting features with the release of 10.11.
Read the release notes for a full picture of the release. And if you’re a busy admin simply looking for the highlights, here you go.
1. Day-zero support for new Apple operating systems
As has become the Apple way, their spring event often comes with updates to their operating systems. For the seventh year running, we are excited to once again offer day-zero support for Apple’s spring release. Once they are officially released, Jamf Pro 10.11 will offer immediate support for new features.
- Apple Classroom: Extends functionality from iOS and gives admins deeper control over how technology is used in a classroom setting.
- Enable/Disable Apple Remote Desktop: Admins can now lock down Apple Remote Desktop functionality on Mac.
- ESIM modification: New command allows admins to disable the ESIM (SIM card) slot, eliminating a potential attack avenue.
- Enable/Disable personal hotspot: Control hotspot access and utilization — eliminating unnecessary data costs.
- Managed apps and unmanaged information: Better protect data by disabling this setting and preserving the barrier between managed and unmanaged apps.
- Defer software updates: Vet software changes prior to a mass upgrade and set the time and date for when an upgrade takes place.
- Set date/time setting: Force devices to use the “set automatically” setting and prevent users from changing the date and time.
- Set language and region: Ensure Apple TV devices come out of the box with the proper language and geography already set.
2. Microsoft Intune integration enhancement
Jamf Pro continues to improve its powerful conditional access integration with Microsoft. The latest version of Jamf Pro enhances enrollment workflows and easy to follow remediation paths for any non-compliant Mac.
3. Custom branding for iOS Self Service
Already available on the Mac, Jamf Pro 10.11 users will now be able to customize and brand Self Service on their iOS devices. This includes options on the login screen like color, header, menu and more.
Not already a Jamf Pro customer but want to take these new features for a spin? Request a free trial today and we’ll help you get started.