As 2022 wraps up, it’s an opportunity to look back at the major Apple IT milestones we’ve seen during the year, and to predict what the future holds for business and education organizations.
In our webinar, “Apple IT Trends for 2023," Veronica Batista, Jamf Senior Manager of Market Intelligence, provides a review of the major Apple IT accomplishments of 2022 and previews what’s in store for the future.
Recapping Apple IT 2022 milestones
The rise of Apple in the enterprise in 2022 was due in no small part to the power and popularity of the M1 chip.
With the widespread adoption of hybrid and remote work, we saw a redefinition of how IT empowers end users, with a focus on security and employee productivity.
Because of increased activity from hackers and bad actors, security is top of mind in a remote world. And a zero-trust security approach helps organizations be better positioned to deal with data breaches. The challenge: how to manage security while maintaining employee privacy.
We saw a need for better solutions for both BYOD and corporate-owned devices that address security threats while maintaining employee privacy.
In the world of education, it’s been a very difficult couple of years. When the pandemic first hit, those who already had 1:1 iPad programs in place fared better than those who didn’t – which is driving many school districts to increase their adoption of iPads in the classroom.
The rapid adoption of remote learning created many challenges, with the need for strong filtering and security solutions.
Predictions for 2023
We believe we’ll see a lot of similar trends in the coming year, including:
- Apple continues to grow in market share – iOS will continue to dominate, with Macs growing as the desktop of choice.
- Remote work is not going away – We recommend you lean into the benefits, including expanded talent pools, meeting efficiencies, and cost reductions.
- Privacy versus security – Find IT empowerment solutions rather than lockdown solutions to make your organization more secure, end users more productive, and provide a better user experience.
- Education industry trends – We’ll continue to see the expansion of 1:1 technology programs, and governments stepping up to help provide technology to schools.
Position your organization to benefit
In order to take advantage of the developing IT trends at your organization, there are a number of initiatives you may want to consider implementing in 2023, including:
- Employee choice program
- Modernizing your onboarding experience
- BYOD program
Dig deep into the trends
For a more thorough discussion of Apple’s recent IT milestones and trends expected for 2023, and resources that can help prepare your organization for success, check out the full webinar.
Watch the full webinar for a review of 2022 and sneak peek of 2023 Apple IT trends.
Have market trends, Apple updates and Jamf news delivered directly to your inbox.